The inner ring and outer ring of taper roller bearing are taper raceways, and the rolling body is also tapered, which belongs to the separable bearing. The main structure is divided according to the number of rolling rows: single row taper roller bearings, double row taper roller bearings, and four row taper roller bearings.
Four row taper roller bearings can bear larger combined radial and axial loads, at the same time, they can operate stably with the clearance of the shaft, which meets the requirements of the quick disassembling, and they can be used independently to directly reduce the width and length of the roller bearing housing, therefore, this type of bearing is favored by machinery and equipment manufacturers and is often selected as the middle roll and work roll of rolling mills.
In addition to the necessary installation sequence, the installation of this type of bearing also requires the relevant matching parts to meet the following requirements:
1. The dry cage problem
A typical four row taper roller bearing consists of two double-row roller assembly (the roller, cage, and inner ring), a double outer ring, two single outer rings, two side spacers and an inner spacer.
Due to structural limitations, the cage often protrudes the inner and outer ring about 2-7 mm (different structure and size series have different protrude height), which often leads to dryness between the matching parts and the cage, and causes the on-line burning failure of the bearing when it is serious. Therefore, it is necessary to keep an appropriate spacing between the size of the matching parts and the cage.
2. The inner ring and the axial hold-down ring
(1) Maintain 0.25-0.45 mm axial distance between the end face of the bearing inner ring and the end face of the axial hold-down ring to slow down the wear of the inner ring end face and the hold-down ring end face.
(2) The outer diameter of the inner ring end face is equal to or slightly smaller than that of the hold-down ring end face to prevent the wear and depression of the hold-down ring end face caused by the wearing of the inner ring.
(3) Side oil grooves (arc grooves) are set on the end face of the inner ring or the end face of the hold-down ring to increase the lubrication between the two end faces, and also reduce the wear and edge rolling of each end face.
3. Inner diameter and shaft diameter
(1) Under the premise of fast loading and unloading (fast loading when cooling and fast unloading when dismounting), the inner diameter and shaft diameter fit together to keep the minimum fit clearance and slow down the wear of shaft diameter and bearing aperture; reduce sliding friction between the bearing inner ring and the shaft.
(2) An oil groove (arc groove) is set at the joint of the end faces of the two shaft inner rings corresponding to the bearing to prevent the chamfering of the inner ring, the friction between the bearing spacer and the shaft diameter surface, and the galling surface.
4. Dynamic labyrinth ring (shaft shoulder) and inner ring
(1) The outer diameter of the dynamic labyrinth ring (shaft shoulder) is equal to or slightly smaller than the outer diameter of the inner ring end (≯3 mm), so as to prevent the inner ring from wearing the dynamic labyrinth ring (shaft shoulder), resulting in the sag of the dynamic labyrinth ring (shaft shoulder) end face, edge curling and other problems.
(2) Open a side oil groove (arc groove) on the end face of the dynamic labyrinth ring (shaft shoulder) or the inner ring of the bearing to increase the lubrication between the two end faces and slow down the wear of each end face.
(3) The surface hardness of the outer diameter of the dynamic labyrinth ring (shaft shoulder) should not be less than HRC45, and the roughness value of the contact area with the sealing ring lip is recommended to be 0.25-0.5 um to prevent mutual wear and damage.
5. The match between the bearing outer ring assembly height and the end face cap
(1) Keep the assembly height of the outer ring and the two end caps in the state of compaction to ensure the preset clearance of the bearing, especially in the working conditions with large radial load, such as the supporting roll of the rolling mill.
(2) After replacing the bearing, the match between the bearing outer ring assembly height and the end face cap must be readjusted, and the error compression or clearance of the inelastic adjustment sheet must be adjusted 0-0.05 mm.
If you need to order reliable taper roller bearing products, you must not miss the roller bearing manufacturer DALIAN GUANGYANG BEARING CO., LTD. We provide you with a variety of professional services and quality assurance. Please feel free to contact us!